So…our stuff is still in storage and we had to pack essentials with which we could get by for 60 days until we set up house permanently. (Place – TBD)
It’s a fun experiment in whether we could be minimalists and see what we actually can survive without. I am doing mostly OK, but am definitely lacking some key things like:
- All of Grace’s tights and comfortable pants. OK, Grace probably misses these more than me. Poor thing has to wear skirts with naked legs or jeans or a handful of matching sets we brought on the plane with us.
- My sneakers. I cannot possibly take up hiking and the great outdoors without sneakers, can I? Yes, you read that right. My husband works for a major athletic apparel company and I brought no sneakers with me.
- My winter coat. This one especially sucks because it’s much colder than I expected. I saw “50s” on weather.com and thought that it’d be manageable with a few sweaters and fleeces. Nope. Now I am wearing sweaters and fleeces together and that’s never hot.
- My boots. Actually, any and all warmer shoes. These got put on the moving truck before I got a chance to yank them.
- Socks. I have three pair. Luckily, I don’t really need them since I have no sneakers with me.
- My address book. I need to send a few things to people back home. No addresses. This will be especially problematic when it’s time for Christmas cards to be sent!
- My Pizza Any Way You Slice It cookbook. OK, I am really only missing this one today because it has a killer recipe for mini meatballs in it and I want to make them for dinner. I will have to improvise. Good luck to my family!
In light of this, and the fact that I am already tired of temporary housing, I told Kenny our goal to be in a house is moved to Thanksgiving. He replied with a very simple, “Good luck.” Hahahaha.
Since it’s only a matter of weeks until I start freakin’ out that I don’t have my Christmas decorations and Grace’s Christmas hair bows, my next tactic to get the house hunting show on the road will be to inform Kenny we have to go to Michael’s so I can deploy plan B for these missing pieces. Hopefully, that’s enough to get us in gear! Hahaha.