Our veggie garden is in. We mixed things up this year – introducing a few new things, not doing a few things we did last year, and are trying some container gardens and ground plantings to see how they take.
This year, we’ll have:
- Strawberries – in beds
- Lettuce – in beds. Did these from seeds – not sure these will take!
- Tomatoes – in beds and containers
- Bell peppers – in the ground
- Cucumbers (new!) – in beds
- Zucchini (new!) – in beds and in the ground
- Jack Be Little pumpkins – container
Last year, we did broccoli and onions. This year we swapped in the cucumbers and zucchini.
In addition to the stuff we planted, we have these fruit plants that the folks who lived here before us put in:
- Blueberries – in the ground (they haven’t really taken off yet and it’s blueberry season, so maybe we’ll have some next year – haha.)
- Figs – tree
- Apples – trees
- Grapes – vines
My favorite part about the veggie garden this year is that I get to use the cute little plant markers my brother and sister-in-law got me for Christmas!